Background

Thursday, March 6, 2014

A little bit about our lives lately...

This is my first attempt at blogging. I love the concept, love reading other blogs, love sharing my thoughts, what's not to love about blogging? Right? Well, we will see how this goes. I don't know how long or how often I will post, but I am going to have fun with it!

Josh and I are living in Franklin, North Carolina right now. Josh is attending the Southwestern Community College Public Safety Training Program for Seasonal Law Enforcement. Now if that isn't a mouthful! Basically he is going to school to be a Park Ranger :) It is a 4 month program, and he is loving all that he is learning!

Me on the other hand… I am LOVING being a wife and just a wife for right now! We have been SOOO busy for the past few years of our lives, and this was the perfect opportunity to enjoy each others company. Since we are only here for a short time we decided I wouldn't get a job or make any commitments. It has been GREAT! I'm not going to lie, it does get kind of lonely hanging out with myself all day everyday haha but I have done so many crafty things! My crafty side is very pleased with this opportunity :) I have been reading (a lot!), knitting, putting together puzzles, making lots of new recipes (mostly healthy I am proud to say), and best of all…I finally designed and ordered our Wedding Album!!!! I am so excited for it to get here :) I love scrapbooking, but my creativity and patience are not quite that advanced. My solution… digital scrapbooking! I am obsessed with designing Shutterfly photo albums! In fact, our guest book for our wedding was a photo book of our engagement pictures. I plan to dedicate an entire post or two just for our wedding, but here is a sneak peak from a few pages of our album!
 



Now for Josh… He is learning all about being a federal law enforcement officer, so he is enjoying practicing arrests on me :) Lately he has been learning proper technique with all types of guns. That has been his favorite! However, he is NOT looking forward to getting pepper sprayed and shot with a taser next week. Yikes! Maybe I will have to write a special post about that experience :)


I suppose that is enough for now. I have so many posts floating around in my head, we will just have to see how far my creative ability will take me!

6 comments:

  1. Cute! Please do post about Josh's run-in with pepper spray and tasers!

    Hanky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first blog :-) can't wait to hear about the rest of your guys adventures. Love you guys.
    Mom B

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are so cute Nay Nay! It's so fun to read what you are up to. Ya know, North Caroline is not that far from Virginia where we are. You are welcome ANY time to come visit pretty Charlottesville! That or we should plan a trip to meet up in between!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cara!!! We really want to stop and see you guys on our way home! We plan to head north around May 5th. We need to talk schedules ASAP :)

      Delete
  4. This is awesome! We are so incredibly proud of you two and so glad you are enjoying your adventure in North Carolina! Love you...to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Janae' Let me know when you run out of yarn and projects, I can send you mounds and pounds of supplies for craft projects, Enjoy it all while you can. LOL to both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Come back soon :)